Laughter, the total body, physiological response to humor! It is a huge tension and pain reducer as it contracts and relaxes facial, chest, abdominal and skeletal muscles which in turn eases muscle tension.
Nothing works faster or more effectively to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good “laugh”. Its effect on the brain increases those “feel good” hormones which in turn keeps us on track to a healthy lifestyle and raises our positivity levels. Research has also revealed that laughing for 10-15 minutes can actually burn 10-40 calories!
Laughter is the best medicine! It produces protective hormones, regulates blood pressure, reduces the effects of stress, helps to reduce pain and boosts the immune system. As well, studies have shown that people with a sense of humor have a 30% better chance of survival when disease strikes. The best news, it can actually add 8 years to your life!
Laughter also has an effect similar to anti-depressants. It activates the release of the neurotransmitter serotonin, the same brain chemical affected by the most common types of anti-depressants.
We laugh to share meaning and understanding, to make ourselves feel better, to reaffirm relationships and to make new ones. It also releases such emotions as relief, joy and happiness and can also benefit you physically as it improves your lungs and respiratory system. It makes your exhalations more effective. When you laugh, your lungs rid of stale air and allows more oxygen to enter expanding your lungs.
Thus, with all this said……this page is dedicated to lifting your spirits and to positively contributing to your health and well-being! So go ahead and laugh as much as possible! It can benefit you in so many ways!
Live, Laugh and Love………..:-D
- I told my girlfriend she drew her eyebrows too high. She seemed surprised.
- My dog used to chase people on a bike a lot. It got so bad, finally I had to take his bike away.
- I’m so good at sleeping. I can do it with my eyes closed.
- My boss told me to have a good day.. so I went home.
- Why is Peter Pan always flying? He neverlands.
- A woman walks into a library and asked if they had any books about paranoia. The librarian says “They’re right behind you!”
- The other day, my wife asked me to pass her lipstick but I accidentally passed her a glue stick. She still isn’t talking to me.
- My friend says to me: “What rhymes with orange” I said: “No it doesn’t”
- What do you call a guy with a rubber toe? Roberto.
- What did the pirate say when he turned 80 years old? Aye matey.
- My wife told me I had to stop acting like a flamingo. So I had to put my foot down.
- I couldn’t figure out why the baseball kept getting larger. Then it hit me.
- Why did the elderly man fall in the well? Because he couldn’t see that well.
- I ate a clock yesterday, it was very time consuming.
- What’s orange and sounds like a parrot? A carrot.
- Why couldn’t the bicycle stand up? Because it was two tired!
- Parallel lines have so much in common. It’s a shame they’ll never meet.
- My wife accused me of being immature. I told her to get out of my fort.
- Where do you find a cow with no legs? Right where you left it.
- As I suspected, someone has been adding soil to my garden. The plot thickens.
Have a great day! Keep on Smilin! 😀